Tuesday, September 4, 2012

The M word


Men. Marriage. Money. Mortgage. Motherhood.

At one time or another, depending on my circumstances, I have loved or hated with intensity all of the above.

Let's start with men. Firstly, let me say that for years I craved love. Love was a long time coming for me. That damn clairvoyant I spent copious amounts of moula on was right all along.

I spent many a night wondering where my other half was. Was he also thinking of me? Did he look at the stars as I did, asking the universe to make our paths cross?

Eventually, the universe did come to the party. In the throes of true love, my heart rejoiced and I could not fathom a life without this man. I refused to contemplate that there would ever be a time my loins would not crave his touch.

Enter marriage, mortgage and motherhood. Nothing kills the passion in your life quite like having a baby. 

I also yearned for a baby. Much like the nights spent wondering where my true love was, I asked the universe to bless us with a baby. It did. 

I was very ill prepared for motherhood. In fact I'll admit that I'm still a bad mum. My only salvation is the network of friends who let me know what's going on at the school. At the end of first term, I dragged my child to school only to be chased by a teacher who said 'Um, the kids finished yesterday. Didn't you know?'

No. I didn't know. That's why I'm here with my child. This was not a drill. I'm pretty sure they all laughed at this in the lunchroom.

Money. Aahhhhh money. We need it. Can't live with it. Can't live without it.

For reasons I cannot get into, we have struggled with our bills. I know we are not the only ones. It's hard out there. Between the mortgage, medical bills, childcare fees and utility bills it evaporates quicker than we can earn it.

Kids don't care. They think that we can just go to the bank and get more out. If only dear child.

So between the mortgage, money problems, marriage and motherhood, I'm quickly learning to hate anything M related.

I shouldn't bitch because I know there are people worse off but fuck it. If I can't whinge here where the fuck can I vent

Peace out party people.

Mrs Nobody

No comments:

Post a Comment