Friday, August 27, 2010

About me

So here's some info about me.

I'm married (hence the Mrs) with 2 gorgeous children who will no doubt give me many sleepless nights in the years to come.  I work full time, and for some unknown reason I decided at the start of 2010 that it would be 'fun' to go back to uni.

I have a LOT of balls in the air and sometimes, I gotta tell you, it's an absolute nightmare.  I believe (and feel free to disagree) that we are our own worst enemy.  No one crucifies us more than we do ourselves.  The guilt that we carry inside...  Am I being the best mother??  Am I being a good wife??  Is my house clean enough??  Does my boss think I'm working hard enough?  Well, I tell you...  I fail on all counts on a daily basis. 

I think a lot of us feel the need to live up to some pre-concieved benchmark that some unknow person or persons put in place.  You know what I mean...  The 'them' or 'they' we always refer to when passing on sound knowledge to someone who has no clue about what's to come.

I had my kids later on in life.  So I'm on the back foot from the get go because I'm old, tired and cranky.  I mean seriously.  I should put that on my business card.  I had no idea what to expect when my first bundle of joy came into the world, but I tell you, it shocked and scared the hell out of me.  By the time the second one came to us (and it happened very fast!) I was pretty much headed on a path to self destruction and was diagnosed with post natal depression which of course I refused to accept because hello?  I could do anything I set my mind to.

Anyway, a number of years down the track things are much better.  But I make a point of being brutally honest about my early years as a mother and the fact that very few of us have that Cosmo Baby mother type of initiation into motherhood.

My kids are healthy and happy, most of the time.  The hubby and I are doing great.  There have been some dramas but we work at it.  He works at it more than I do because I favour the silent treatment method and he loves to talk and talk and talk.

And then there's my work life and my uni life.  But we can talk about that another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment