Saturday, September 4, 2010

A form of torture.

Sleep deprivation.


It's still a common form of torture, and as a parent you readily surrender yourself to this torture without a thought.


I have been sleep deprived for about 5 years now.


I don't get kids.  During the week, mine carry on about being tired and wanting to sleep, but on the weekends they are up and ready for trouble at 6am.  If I'm lucky, I get to sleep in till 6.30am.  Woooohhoooooo  bonus.  NOT.


I wonder what part about sleeping they don't get??  They get cranky and moody if they don't nap during the day but actually getting them to relax and rest is like pulling teeth.


Seriously...  all I seem to want to do at the moment is SLEEP.  There is nothing more delicious than laying in bed and floating in that warm fuzzy place while life goes on outside your window.  I need some one on one bonding time with my doona and pillow.  


I've decided that when the kids are ready to sleep in till noon on the weekends, I'm going to crank up the ABBA tunes and also Milli Vanilli.  Payback's a bitch and so is Mummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment