Thursday, September 16, 2010

What... This old thing?

You know I never imagined I would be one of these women who hides things from their husband.

I was working for over 15 years by the time we met and fell in love.  So I was very accustomed to doing what I wanted, when I wanted.  And buying whatever took my fancy...  within reason of course.

Now, with a large mortgage, two children to educate, life's very different.  Every purchase needs to be second guessed and considered, especially the bigger stuff.  Lucky for him, I'm neither a clothes horse, I don't go out with the girls, neither of us drinks or smokes.  My only weakness will forever be handbags.  Leather.  Always leather.

So a few months ago, I came into some money.  As did he.  It's called tax time and this time my agent really earned his fee!

So I did what any normal red blooded woman would do.  I bought myself a gorgeous red Oroton.  Ok, well not just one.  I also got the brown hobo too.  I've earned it!  I work my arse off, I juggle being a full time parent and a full time employee while juggling part time studies.  Something's gotta give; don't you think?

So there they lay, in the back of the wardrobe, wrapped in their protective bags, waiting for their day in the sun.

Be patient my pretties.  Your time is coming, sooner than you think.

And when he asks, I'll reply; "What?  This old thing?  I've had it for years."

No comments:

Post a Comment