Friday, October 1, 2010

One day in September...

Well, actually no it isn't.

I'm sorry but how fucking hysterical was last week's draw??  And I mean, who really cares??

Oh, sorry.  Yes.  That would be the thousands of fanatics who's hearts leaped to their throats in the dying seconds of a drawn grand final.

As a somewhat dispassionate bystander, I just don't get it.  Don't get me wrong, I think loyalty is a wonderful thing.  It's the fanaticisim that makes me go huh???

My somewhat sane friend was so distraught at the draw  that she had a meltdown at the ground and had to be slapped back to reality.  I mean really people.  Have you all taken leave of your senses??

The brainwashing starts very young.  The amount of official merchandise in sizes 0000-0 is mind boggling. 

What exactly do you pledge your allegiance to??  Is it the team, a certain player, the colours??  Do you even know what it is you adore so much?? 

Maybe there's something wrong with me.  Am I missing the bigger picture?  I've been to a number of AFL games, and apart from perving on the extremely buff and dare I say HOT jail bait running on the field, I've got to say I'm at a loss.

The food is shit, it's bloody cold and the people around you can be kinda boganish.  I don't get the face painting, the screaming and it makes me laugh my head off to hear overweight, unfit supporters mouthing off at the opposition.  If it's that easy sunshine, out you go and show them how it's done.

So as the state prepares for another go at the Grand Final, creamy pasta salad and thin BBQ sausages are enjoying another round of popularity. 

The ballons and streamers have been pinned in front windows, the bets have been placed and the barbie has been cleaned in readiness.

I'm getting ready to sit back and watch the yelling and screaming unfold.  And while I don't really care who wins, I must confess I want the Saints to come out on top.

I can't explain why but the Collingwood Magpies drive me insane.  I blame the fans.  And Eddie.

Happy Grand Final everyone!  Lets hope we have an outcome this time.  I can't do this again for at third time.

No comments:

Post a Comment